THE LIVE VERSION HAS ENDED.
Our live journey ran from September to December 2023
and each of the 8 videoconferencing sessions were recorded.
Now we have made the programme available in Self-Study format
so that you can benefit from the rich course material and participate
at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home.
BOOK THE SELF-STUDY VERSION HERE:
It is the great evolutionary will of the divine mother to birth out of the global dark night that we are enduring a new divine human race, capable of co-creating in great, ecstatic truth and intelligence, a holy new way of being and doing everything.
Andrew Harvey, Founder of the Institute for Sacred Activism
In a time of escalating global crises on all levels, affecting all species, with no apparent hope of easing in the foreseeable future, one can be forgiven for plummeting headlong into the depths of despair, unable to take in one more shred of incontrovertible evidence of human-caused catastrophe.
Yet out of this darkest night, a barely perceptible ember faintly flickers and begins to beckon. The great mystics call this a time of savage grace. What is the gift at the heart of darkness we are being beckoned to turn towards? Is there a purpose in all we are enduring?
For 4 months, you are invited to explore this phenomenon together with like-minded, courageous soul friends to attentively grow the ember into a flame that will spark the divine light of consciousness in all of us and birth a new humanity capable of thriving in the emerging new world.
Come with me. Follow the light. Another world is possible.
As we straddle the transition between the death of the old world and the emergence of the new, we will be consciously guided by these objectives:
- Understanding the collective dark night as a birthing process, the purpose of which, as the mystics tell us, is to strip us of our illusions and fantasies and to show us that, if we can endure it and align with its laws, we can become an embodied divine humanity, capable of cocreating a whole new world with extraordinary new powers of love, insight, wisdom, courage and compassion;
- Choosing transformative pathways to a life-affirming future which consciously integrate Indigenous knowledge, the great wisdom traditions, and observations at the leading edge of contemporary science;
- Discovering the nature of reality as a purposeful, meaningful, unified whole with the power to heal our fragmented perspectives, radically change our collective behaviours, and transform the challenges of our global emergency into the emergence of our conscious evolution;
- Embodying divine love and offering our unique gifts in selfless service to the new, thereby raising the collective frequency of compassionate action in the world;
- Stepping into our collective destiny as stewards in service to Earth’s living systems, participating in and supporting life’s innate ability to thrive in evermore intelligent, resilient, adaptive, creative and regenerative ways; and
- Risking new shapes by allowing ourselves to be dismantled and remade in response to the inner knowing that another world is indeed possible if we choose it.
You will be supported throughout the journey by:
- Your Journey Host;
- Our Guest Presenters; and
- Buddy Groups comprised of your fellow journeyers on the path.
Inspiration will come from these sources as well as your own inner spiritual authority, compass and guidance.
Two live sessions per month, via online video-conferencing
Our journey comprises two live sessions per month, over four months. We will be using Zoom video-conferencing to convene our sessions – a very easy, user-friendly way to gather and proactively engage global audiences online. If you haven’t yet used the platform, we will guide you easily through the technology.
Once you’ve registered, and before the first introductory session, we’ll send you the Zoom access information so that you can participate. All you will need is a laptop, computer, tablet, or smartphone with a camera and stable internet access. You will be able to join us from the comfort of your own home or from wherever you are in the world.
The 4-Month, 8-Session Journey Schedule
The four-month journey runs from 13 September to 20 December 2023 and is made up of 8 sessions. Times stated are London, UK time. Click here to convert to your local time.
What you will receive
- 8 live sessions: The Introduction and Completion sessions are 1.5 hours in duration. The 6 speaker sessions are 2 hours in duration. The format of the speaker sessions will be flexible and emergent but will include: a brief framing of the session and speaker introduction by your journey host (15 minutes), speaker presentation (40 minutes), participant break out groups (30 minutes), return to the large group for Q&A with the speaker and participant sharings (30 minutes), and closing remarks (5 minutes).
- Video recording of each session: All the speaker sessions will be recorded and made available 48 hours following the session. If you are not able to attend one of the live sessions, you will be able to view the recording at your convenience. You may also want to review the recording to integrate the content of a particular session more deeply.
- Study Guides: To help integrate the content and experience of each session, a study guide will be provided including highlights of the essence of each session, questions for contemplation between sessions, and additional resources, featuring lists of videos, films, books, projects, events, and blogs relevant to each session.
- Buddy Groups: To support you between sessions, we’ll be placing you into Buddy Groups. Participation in your Buddy Group is vital to your experience and demonstrates your commitment to being ‘All In’. These are self-organised, smaller groupings that will enable you to conveniently connect with one another based on your time zones. We’ll allocate 5 to 8 people to each group. Once the journey is underway, we’ll send you an email providing you with a full list of participants, as well as your assigned Buddy Group and suggestions for getting started together.
- 24-Hour Participant Zoom Line: Participants are encouraged to self-organise and initiate small group dialogues between live sessions through our easy-to-use Open Zoom Line available 24/7.
- Participant Facebook Group: This will be your virtual home over the four months. The Private Facebook Group will enable you to engage in shared enquiry between sessions to deepen the journey, build alliances, and share your reflections, insights, experiences and questions with a community of peers. You may also choose to stay engaged after the programme as a way to integrate and continue to build community and support one another.
- Free access to our panel discussion: An Intimate Discourse with Visionaries of The Great Turning. The 1.5-hour video talk is a great introduction to Great Turning themes and may be useful to watch before the online learning journey begins.
Please note that you will need to set aside at least 8 hours per month, depending on the level of depth you are willing to go to, in order to:
- engage with the live sessions;
- connect with your Buddy Groups between sessions; and
- work with the questions for ongoing reflection and dialogue contained in your session Worksheets and Study Guides.
Meet Our Great Turning Visionary Speakers
All of our inspiring speakers are proactively committed to pioneering new ways of living and being as we journey through the dark night toward the new world. In each session, we’ll have the opportunity to draw from their inspiration to help illuminate the way which, in turn, will compel us to take compassionate action in our own lives and communities.
Andrew Harvey is Founder and Director of The Institute for Sacred Activism, an international organisation focused on inviting concerned people to take up the challenge of our contemporary global crises by becoming inspired, effective, and practical agents of institutional and systemic change, in order to create peace and sustainability. Sacred Activism is a transforming force of compassion-in-action that is born of a fusion of deep spiritual knowledge, courage, love, and passion, with wise radical action in the world. The large-scale practice of Sacred Activism can become an essential force for preserving and healing the planet and its inhabitants.
Jeremy Lent, described by Guardian journalist George Monbiot as “one of the greatest thinkers of our age,” is an author and speaker whose work investigates the underlying causes of our civilisation’s existential crisis, and explores pathways toward a life-affirming future. He is the author of the award-winning book, The Patterning Instinct: A Cultural History of Humanity’s Search for Meaning and The Web of Meaning: Integrating Science and Traditional Wisdom to Find Our Place in the Universe. Jeremy is the founder of the Deep Transformation Network, a global community exploring pathways to an ecological civilisation, and the nonprofit Liology Institute, dedicated to fostering an integrated worldview that could enable humanity to thrive sustainably on the Earth.
Jude Currivan PhD is a cosmologist, planetary healer, futurist, author, most recently of the award-winning The Story of GAIA: The Big Breath and the Evolutionary Journey of our Conscious Planet, and previously one of the UK’s most senior business women. She has a Masters degree specialising in cosmology and quantum physics, and a Doctorate in archaeology researching ancient cosmologies. Experiencing life-long multidimensional realities and working with traditional wisdom keepers, her work integrates leading-edge science, consciousness research, and universal wisdom teachings. She is a member of Evolutionary Leaders, co-founder of WholeWorld-View and a WON Buddhism International CIRCLE award recipient for her ‘outstanding contribution towards planetary healing and expanding new forms of consciousness’.
Báyò Akómoláfé is a teacher, public intellectual, author and facilitator. He is globally recognised for his poetic, unconventional, counterintuitive, and indigenous take on global crisis, civic action and social change. As Executive Director of The Emergence Network, Báyò inspires a diffractive network of sharing – a slowing down, an ethics of entanglement, an activism of inquiry, a ‘politics of surprise’…one that does not treat the crises of our times as exterior to ‘us’ or the ‘solutions’ that conventional activism offers as separate from the problems we seek to nullify. Báyò is host of the online writing course, We will dance with Mountains, author of We will tell our own story! and These Wilds Beyond our Fences
A’ida AL-Shibli is a mother and a lover of life, born to indigenous tribes of Palestine. She is a feminist and a long-term political activist, a member of Defend the Sacred alliance, and founder of Global Campus Palestine. She has been living in Tamera, a peace research village, in Portugal for 18 years and supports the community’s social fabric. With her knowledge of healing and love, she brings a unique quality of sacred activism rooted in indigenous wisdom.
Charles Eisenstein is a speaker and writer focusing on themes of human culture and identity. He is the author of several books, most recently Climate: A New Story, along with Sacred Economics and The More Beautiful World our Hearts Know is Possible. His background includes a degree in mathematics and philosophy from Yale, a decade in Taiwan as a translator, and stints as a college instructor, a yoga teacher, and a construction worker. He currently writes and speaks full-time.
Michelle Holliday is a visionary author, facilitator, consultant, and researcher. For the past two decades, her work has centred around “thrivability” — a set of perspectives and practices based on understanding organizations and communities as dynamic living systems. On this basis, she supports pioneering, purpose-driven clients across a wide range of sectors, including tourism and agriculture, to enable the transition to more regenerative systems and structures. Michelle’s research and practical experience are brought together in the highly acclaimed book, The Age of Thrivability: Vital Perspectives and Practices for a Better World, as well as nearly 100 articles on themes of thrivability.
Meet Your Great Turning Journey Host
Mattie Porte holds a degree in Psychology, is trained in alternative energy medicine, and is a lifelong student of Eastern and Western spiritual and mystical traditions. She has over 20 years experience in spiritual and personal development education and mentoring at Findhorn Ecovillage in the North East of Scotland, where she currently resides. She is the director and producer of the feature-length documentary film – An Enquiry into a New Story for Humanity: Change the Story, Change the World. Her focus is spiritual awakening and the evolution of human consciousness from an integrated scientific and esoteric point of view. She is passionate about the potential in moving from our current paradigm of separation and fear to an emerging paradigm of unity and wholeness.